Warning: Last items in stock!
These Mottler brushes are manufactured by Da Vinci, the world's finest brushmaker, in Germany. The Mottler 7055 range is recommended for use with oil & acrylic paints. They are universal artist hog brushes that are straight edged, making them great for a variety of painting applications.
The extra sturdy Chinese Chungking bristles are secured in a rust-proof steel ferrule with a long black & red polished handle. Ideal for working on large applications such as priming a canvas. They come in several sizes: 25, 30, 40, 50, 60 & 80mm.
Cleaning your brushes:
1. Water-soluble colours should be washed out with water.
2. Acrylic colour, as long as it is wet, should be washed out with water. When dried up it can only be dissolved with special cleaning agents.
3. Oil colours should be wiped off thoroughly with a piece of cloth, where appropriate clean with a special cleanser.
4. Hairs, bristles and synthetic fibres should be cleaned with a special soap (our order no. 4033 and 4433), that cleans and maintains the brush head on the basis of vegetable oils, and warm water until the soap begins to produce white lather. Do not use strongly fat removing soaps! Especially natural hair tends to break if they are missing their protecting fat contents. By that you elevate the life as well as the suppleness of your brushes.
6. Afterwards wipe the brush with a fine piece of cloth and bring it to its original shape. Artists call this procedure “dressing”.
7. Let the brush dry completely before you use it again. Don’t put it on the radiator to dry. There the hair will dry too quickly, the handle will shrink, and the brush head will come loose.
By buying this product you can collect up to 15 loyalty points. Your cart will total 15 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of £0.15.