- You save 20%
- Recommended for use with acrylics
- Extra strong white synthetic bristles
- Rust-proof steel ferrules
- Blue varnished handles
- Ideal for use on textured surfaces
- Perfect for large applications
- Handmade in Germany
These Mottler brushes are manufactured by Da Vinci in Germany. The Mottler Impasto 5025 range is recommended for use with acrylic paint. Acrylic colours are used in a more liquid to thick consistency and for special techniques you'll need to use painting knives.
The Impasto brush has been designed to be used with the many texture gels and pastes now available - it is the elastic painting knife brush. The brushes are made up on extra strong white synthetic short length bristles secured in a rust-proof steel ferrule attached to a short blue polished handle. They come in several sizes: 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 & 80mm.
Cleaning your brushes:
1. Water-soluble colours should be washed out with water.
2. Acrylic colour, as long as it is wet, should be washed out with water. When dried up it can only be dissolved with special cleaning agents.
3. Oil colours should be wiped off thoroughly with a piece of cloth, where appropriate clean with a special cleanser.
4. Hairs, bristles and synthetic fibres should be cleaned with a special soap (our order no. 4033 and 4433), that cleans and maintains the brush head on the basis of vegetable oils, and warm water until the soap begins to produce white lather. Do not use strongly fat removing soaps! Especially natural hair tends to break if they are missing their protecting fat contents. By that you elevate the life as well as the suppleness of your brushes.
6. Afterwards wipe the brush with a fine piece of cloth and bring it to its original shape. Artists call this procedure “dressing”.
7. Let the brush dry completely before you use it again. Don’t put it on the radiator to dry. There the hair will dry too quickly, the handle will shrink, and the brush head will come loose.