- Out of Stock
- Recommended for use with oils and acrylics
- Ideal for priming surfaces, varnishing, graining etc.
- White Chinese bristles
- Rust-proof ferrules
- Manfactured by Da Vinci, the world's finest brushmaker
- Handmade in Germany
These fantastic Mottler brushes are manufactured by Da Vinci in Germany. The Mottler 2470 range is recommended for use with oil & acrylic paints. They are ideal for priming your surfaces as they cover a wide area due to their broad design. They have white Chinese bristles, rust-proof steel ferrules and short plain wooden handles. They are also great for varnishing, graining and transparent painting.
Cleaning your brushes:
1. Water-soluble colours should be washed out with water.
2. Acrylic colour, as long as it is wet, should be washed out with water. When dried up it can only be dissolved with special cleaning agents.
3. Oil colours should be wiped off thoroughly with a piece of cloth, where appropriate clean with a special cleanser.
4. Hairs, bristles and synthetic fibres should be cleaned with a special soap (our order no. 4033 and 4433), that cleans and maintains the brush head on the basis of vegetable oils, and warm water until the soap begins to produce white lather. Do not use strongly fat removing soaps! Especially natural hair tends to break if they are missing their protecting fat contents. By that you elevate the life as well as the suppleness of your brushes.
6. Afterwards wipe the brush with a fine piece of cloth and bring it to its original shape. Artists call this procedure “dressing”.
7. Let the brush dry completely before you use it again. Don’t put it on the radiator to dry. There the hair will dry too quickly, the handle will shrink, and the brush head will come loose.